What to include in an Accountants Website
Focus on what a potential client might need.
Things an accountant's client needs to know
Whilst it may be nice to know you are a family business and have been open for 15 years, this is not the first thing your potential
client wants to know. Put yourself in their shoes and ask what do they need to know?
Essential things for an accountant's website
- When you are open - have your opening times top right, don't make people look for them
- Your phone number - some people just like the speed of phoning, booking an appointment and then getting on with their day so put
your phone number under your opening times (they are connected, not open, no answer!)
- Your ideal clients - small businesses or large? Corporate or self employed? Tell your client who you work with
- Basic helpful advice on things your customers/clients might be looking for, tax advice, VAT Returns, Self Assessment - a blog is
great for this
- A map - to show people where you are so they can find you!
- A photo of the outside - so they recognise they have found you.
If you want to be more pro-active and boost your marketing activity then consider the following possibilities.
Nice to haves
- a blog with lots of advice and articles to help your clients with hints and tips
- a mailing list - always try to capture website visitors email addresses and get their permission to email them either asking for
feedback, keeping them informed about the financial year, deadlines etc
- have a pro-active email marketing process to remind your customers you are still open
- social media pages and activity, make sure it is 2 way and not just on transmit sell sell sell (goes for all social media activity)
- perhaps some social media advertising too
Like the idea? Why not get in touch and let us guide you to create a great online presence that helps grow your business.